Monday, March 15, 2010

Fourteen Years of Flowers

Flowers are amazing, they are so beautiful!

There is a flower for every personality, every one has their favorite, that describes them. There are millions of them all over the world; different colors, scents, sizes, types, and textures. They surpass the barriers of languages, and they put a smile on everyone's face.

My absolute favorite flower is the "Snowdrop." It is a very small, white flower that grows as soon as spring starts and the snow starts melting. Usually, you can see them grow straight out of the snow. They are so cute and they remind me of my childhood in Hungary and Germany. It was always something I looked forward to at the end of every winter. I have not seen a single one since I came to the States, I don't even know if they grow here or not. I took it for granted then, seeing them all the time and now, I really miss them.
My second favorite would have to be the "Calla Lily." I know that one is very common among the favorites (kind of like the Rose), but let's face it, they are beautiful. I also love Tulips! Unfortunately, they don't last long and the season of them is short, too.
So, there you have it, my 3 favorites.

People get flowers for all kinds of different reasons, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, birthdays, anniversaries, and even funerals. There are many reasons to get flowers; people have come up with all kinds of them.
Me, I get them from my husband for absolutely no reason at all. As soon as the last flowers wilt, I already have a new set to replace them on my table. They could be store bought, delivered or picked, I've had them every which way. From Roses and Lilies and Orchids, to Tulips and Daisies and Daffodils. I've had so many different kinds, but every one of them has been very special, even the ones that wilted quickly--I love them all!!

These Daffodils are my most recent ones Matty picked for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment